2021 was a good year for the crypto and blockchain space with impressive milestones and all-time highs being achieved across the board.
Celo, the mobile-first blockchain focused on emerging markets like Africa, likewise saw impressive growth becoming the 4th fastest growing blockchain of 2021.
In this post, we look at the key milestones of Celo and what this means for the mobile-first platform in 2022.
SEE ALSO: [WATCH] Making Digital MicroWork Accessible and Available on Mobile Devices in Kenya via the Celo Blockchain
Below are some of these milestones:
- The Valora App – Currently used in over 120 countries, this is the first mobile peer-to-peer (P2P) payments and remittance app allows you to send money as easy as sending a text message
- Deutsche Telekom – With over 242 million mobile customers, Deutsche Telekom purchased CELO and became the first mobile carrier to seamlessly integrate all of its mobile solutions into the Celo ecosystem while becoming a CELO validator
- Fastest EVM Chain – In partnership with Mysten Labs, Celo set its sights on becoming the fastest EVM chain with up to 140, 000 transactions per second furthering the usability and scalability of the Celo platform
- Introducing Provo – Provo was launched to enable central banks explore and experiment with central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) and other risk-free permisseioned and permissionless digital assets on the Celo platform
- KickStarter on Celo – KickStarter, a leading crowdfunding platform, chose Celo network to host its new decentralized protocol for a more open, collaborative, and decentralized crowdfunding approach
Celo has been particularly focused on growing the emerging markets of Africa and the above milestones are a glimpse into what awaits this mobile-first blockchain on the continent.
RECOMMENDED READING: Leading Crowdfunding Platform, Kickstarter, Going Decentralized, Building Open Source Protocol on Celo
Thank you for your support by helping us create content:
BTC address: 3CW75kjLYu7WpELdaqTv722vbobUswVtxT
Follow us on Twitter for latest posts and updates
Join and interact with our Telegram community
Subscribe to the channel below to keep updated on latest news on video: