Kris Marszalek, the CEO of popular cryptocurrency exchange CryptoCom, slammed data aggregating resource CoinMarketCap for misreporting their trading volume.
- In a tweet on Christmas Day, the CEO of CryptoCom slammed CoinMarketCap for failing to report their trading volume accurately.
Merry Christmas to team CoinMarketCap who, a week after my response to their poorly worded tweet, arbitrarily reduced our exchange ranking to 14th.
We are 2nd/3rd on CoinGecko, so you guys know where to look for real and market neutral data. – He said.
- At the time of this writing, CoinMarketCap has ranked CryptoCom at number 14 with $1.8 billion in trading volume over the past 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, CoinGecko reports that its trading volume is $3.1 billion, putting it third in place.
- The “poorly worded tweet” that Marszalek refers to is from December 15th, when there was an exchange between both, ultimately ending in him saying that they are “already working on removing CoinMarketCap’s unreliable price feed from our product.”
- The main reason for the complaints seems to be the glitch that CoinMarketCap went through back then.
- As CryptoPotato reported, a bug on the CoinMarketCap website showed absurdly high increases in the most important cryptocurrencies, which, in turn, affected all crypto services that rely on its data to show fiat prices and balances.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.